Saturday, October 18, 2014

Kes Kusut: Untangled

Dear Pitty,

Thursday marked exactly 3 weeks after the accident involving Napoleon Dynamite (haven't I told you yet that I named my car after one of my all-time favourite movies, Napoleon Dynamite?) and a white Viva, which his owner R named Botak. In that 3 weeks we have become, well, acquaintances, and so far we have gone out for a movie outing once, together with his friend B who was with him at the time of the incident as well as my girls Farah and No Joke. We are even planning to go out for karaoke this weekend. Or in the near future. Crazy huh?

I guess I (or should I say Napoleon?) was fortunate enough to have been hit by someone who's willing to take the responsibility, well, simply because he was responsible for the accident in the first place. Both I and R were lucky because the accident only caused minor damages to both of our cars. I felt sorry that he had to bear all the repairing costs though, but again, we were lucky because we managed to find a workshop that I believe charged cheaper than most other workshops around KK, thanks to R's other friend who recommended the place to us. Not only that the price was low, they were super fast and efficient too! The result was very satisfactory and I DID NOT expect it to be that neat and clean. Kudos to Uncle Lim! (he's a Chinese muallaf lagi ok!) I must say that I felt a little prejudiced about the workshop at first, because it looks like, ntahlah, I don't even know how to describe the place. Jalan berlopak-lopak, berlubang-lubang, it doesn't look like a decent workshop at all. I was like, "What is this place....? You've got to be kidding me." But I agreed to leave Napoleon in Uncle Lim's hands anyway, something I'm glad I did, because he sounded so confident and something in his voice and manner made me confident in him too. "Perkara kecil jak bah ni", he said. He seemed to have kept his word. Napoleon looks as if nothing had happened to him (at least the part where he was hit). R's car too. He sent his car a week after Napoleon was sent to the workshop though. It took less than 2 days to finish each car. Awesomeness! Syukur alhamdulillah... In the future, should anything like this occurs again, I would already know where to go. I'm even considering sending Napoleon back to the workshop, which is located in Taman Inanam Jaya, to fix the minor scratches on his front bumper and right passenger door. Next month, maybe? Tengok lah camana nanti Pitty.

Looking (as if) brand new! Woohoo!

Would you like to know about something that is more interesting, Pitty? R's friend, B, is apparently one of the well-known bloggers in Sabah. He is in fact the person behind the now inactive We Are Sabahan BloggerMania (WSB) community, which sadly I'm not part of due to my late involvement in the blogosphere. (It was too late for me to join because by the time I wanted to do so, the community is already, well, dead). The Facebook page of WSB, however, is still updated from time to time, based on my observation. And I, apparently, have been following his blog since I don't even know when. I only realized this fact the day after going out for the movie Left Behind, which sucked, with them on Monday night. How did I come to the realization? I think I'll save the deets to myself. I'm so sorry Pitty. That's one of the disadvantages about blogging. You cannot really tell EVERYTHING as there is always that issue with privacy and confidentiality. And I am just not the type who feels the need to attract unwanted attention to my blog or myself as a whole. I think that is also one of the reasons why I still prefer the old-fashioned diary writing as it allows unlimited ability to express, write or doodle without having to consider the feelings or concerns of the other party you are writing or doodling about. The only concern you have with a diary is if someone would find it. And read it. Ironic, isn't it?

I say it's interesting because... of all 911 of his followers, they "bumped into" Napoleon, which happens to be the car of yours truly. Is it fate? It must be. What for and why? I don't know. I cannot tell. It is... almost like a serendipity. It is a serendipity. But it's not love that we found. It's friendship, which I hope is going to last. I have said it many times before Pitty, and I'll say it again. I believe that things happen for a reason, which I may discover soon or years from now, if Allah wills it. There are more things actually Pitty, but I'm sorry again that I think I mustn't disclose to you here. All I can say is that it is very interesting how one event leads to another and what it eventually reveals to me. God really does work in mysterious ways. For now, I'm just happy that I gained new friends instead of foes. And that the "kes kusut" is now untangled. Alhamdulillah. :)

Until next time (Serendi)Pitty! :P

Sincerely yours,
Nurul

No comments:

Post a Comment