Thursday, December 17, 2015

Between Sense and Madness

True! - nervous - very, very dreadfully nervous I had been 
and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease 
had sharpened my senses - not destroyed - not dulled them. 
Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard 
all things in the heaven and the earth. I heard many 
things in hell. How then am I mad?

The Tell-Tale Heart
EDGAR ALLAN POE

We've been together for 8 months, give and take. And even after all the reassuring, the convincing, the consoling, I still let myself be betrayed by my insecurities every now and then. It's like a loaded gun, waiting, anticipating, for its trigger to be pulled. I don't know why is it so easy for me to keep losing my confidence. It seems I am unable to accept or believe that I can be loved, wholeheartedly, by a kind and honest man, like him. I always feel like I don't deserve his love or that he deserves someone who can love him better, someone who is superior to me in every way; attractiveness, talents, intelligence. I always feel threatened by his female friends. Be it his best friend, his Facebook friends, his colleagues, even his female celebrity crushes. Sometimes it makes me feel like I have an issue that needs to be addressed, that needs to be treated even? I don't know. I love him, yes, I do. But this constant feeling of uncertainty, of vacillation, is killing me. I noticed that it was almost always too easy for me to say things like "Maybe we should break up," or "Maybe this isn't right," just because of my jealousy, my resentment towards other women who are and were close to him. It's killing me. It's eating me up. Sometimes I cannot wait for him to be mine, sometimes I just cannot stand to be with him. Sometimes I just want to be left alone, but at the same time I cannot stand the thought of him not wanting to be with me anymore. Am I crazy? Am I mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment