Tuesday, May 13, 2014

DO NOT PUSH MY BUTTONS!

Disclaimer: Google image labeled for reuse

I consider myself as someone who has a quite high level of consideration and patience, especially when it comes to dealing with people involved in my job. But like all other things in life, my patience is not limitless. I understand that it is an editor's obligation to be profoundly concern for accuracy and exactness, in short, FUSSY, but I hate to be treated like I'm some kind of a mentally challenged person, like I haven't the slightest idea of what I'm doing, like I'm that stupid. For instance, I hate it when my editor asks for information that wasn't there in the first place, like why this netizen said this or that, especially if it is a tweet. I write reports based on the information that is available to me. How should I know why or what made a netizen tweet what s/he tweeted if s/he did not mention it in his/her tweet? Did you expect me to go and interrogate the netizen about his/her tweet? C'mon man, I am a Social Media Analyst, not a Twitter police! For almost 3 years with this company, I've never had any problem working with other editors. I've always been able to understand their fussiness, their super thorough attention to details. Heck, I could still be "kind" to J** and pretend like nothing happened even after what he did. But this one particular person, oh gosh! I'm starting to feel like he's getting on my nerves on purpose, like he is purposely trying to push my button, my BEWARE, MIGHT EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE, PLEASE DO NOT PUSH button, even if he had no intention whatsoever of doing so. I'm just hoping that it won't get to the point where I no longer want to settle with just biting my tongue or choking on my suppressed anger just so I won't say things I will definitely regret later. I don't know how much longer I can keep up with this good girl facade, y'know. It's not like it never happened before. I lost my patience once, but thank goodness it was with someone who was no longer my colleague at that time. Ah, sudahlah. Why am I focusing my time and energy on something negative like this? I better go take a shower and eat some dinner. Kbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment