Sunday, July 30, 2023

Randomly Rambling

It's 10:33 pm on Saturday night, and here I am, just waking up from my slumber, feeling a bit sweaty. I fell asleep in front of the TV again. I was watching WHAT/ IF on Netflix. My husband isn't back from the mosque yet. I don't remember him telling me if he would be going to talaqqi after Isya'. That's actually his Thursday or Friday night routine. I checked my phone, no messages nor calls from him, but no worries, I'll just take this moment to jot down how my day went, or rather, how my husband and I spent it together.

So, this morning started way too early at 2 am. Yeah, 2 FRIGGING AM. After a quick bathroom trip, I fed my cats their kibbles (this is my little routine whenever I wake up in the middle of the night). Then I made my way upstairs to the guest room. I prefer sleeping (or doing just about anything) in this room now because it's the only one with AC, and the nights can get pretty hot (let alone in daytime). Anyway, I decided to scroll through Facebook and TikTok until around 3:30 am. Then, I thought to myself, "You know what, I'm going to join my husband for breakfast today." So off to the shower I went, because I had to leave the house with him at dawn (it's his daily routine to pick up my mom-in-law at her place in Sembulan after Subuh prayer and take her to the Kota Kinabalu market).

After that little task was done, we headed to the OldTown White Coffee Gaya Street outlet, the one we visited on Wednesday where I spent a half day doing my work, remember? I ordered half-boiled eggs on toasts again, but this time, I also had some noodles and a cup of hot white coffee. My husband went for the rice and chicken rendang, although he originally wanted fried chicken, which was unavailable. Odd. *shrugs* He also had the kaya+butter toasts, just like last time, and the drink that I had on Wednesday.

I don't know why I'm getting into the nitty-gritty details of my day, but hey, let's move on. After a satisfying breakfast, we made a trip to JPJ at UTC to pick up a physical road tax, even though I already got the digital version. My husband insisted on having a physical copy, so there we were. But guess what? Turns out, I have to claim it from the Bundusan headquarters (on Monday or any working day) because I purchased the digital road tax through MyEG instead of JPJ's website. Sigh, what a waste of time and energy. Oh well, these things happen, right? While at the JPJ UTC office, we ran into my uncle, Pacik Nawi! He was there to renew his road tax too. We had a little catch up and parted ways to continue with our respective errands of the day.

Next stop was Centrepoint, but since it was still pretty early at 9:30 am, most of the lights weren't even on yet.


We thought about catching a movie later, maybe Barbie, but my husband wasn't too keen on the idea. Since nothing else interesting was showing based on the Growball Cinemax website, we went straight ahead to do a little shopping for some chocolates and cookies for ourselves and also my bestie, No Joke. Poor thing, she injured both her legs after landing on her knees during netball training, so we decided to surprise her with the chocolates and cookies, and also her favourite McD cheeseburger. It's been ages since I last saw her. The last time we spent time together was during the brief visit she made to my place back in end-May. Life's been keeping her busy with netball and silat practices, and everything else in between.

I actually wanted to go see Barbie with her and Farah. But of course, that couldn’t happen due to the incident, which left No Joke bedridden, unable to walk normally. A little background story: Farah is in the same netball team as No Joke; Farah and I went to the same primary and secondary schools, but only became friends in Form 4; while No Joke and I first met in Form 1 and became besties since Form 2.

From left: Yours truly, Farah, No Joke 💗

I hope she has a swift recovery, insya-Allah. She mentioned taking a break from netball for at least a year, and while I felt a twinge of mixed emotions, I know it's essential for her well-being. I admit, I sometimes felt a bit left out since she and Farah got deeply involved in netball, playing in tournaments even in Brunei. She was supposed to play in a tournament in Kota Belud too. Too bad, that also couldn’t happen now. But hey, everything happens for a reason and there is definitely a hikmah behind all of this. Maybe this is a sign for her to take some time for herself. And she absolutely deserves the rest and care. She has been taking care of her family all this time, so it’s her turn now. This may make me sound a little selfish, but I hope we get to spend more time after this. I missed my best friend.

Speaking of which, my husband is back now. Turns out he did go to talaqqi and a kenduri afterward. All is well, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment