Thursday, April 24, 2014

An Evening in Sipitang

Dear Pitty,

I received an unexpected visit from a friend, Pija, this evening. Well, it wasn't really unexpected since I was the one who told her to come hang out with me whenever she happens to be in Sipitang. But... I didn't expect that it was gonna be on a Thursday. She PMed me on WeChat at around 5 pm saying that she was already in Lubok Darat, which is around 20 minutes from my nenek's house (gauging by the time she arrived to pick me up). Pija and I aren't that close but we were in the same class during Form 4 and 5. We also went to the same sekolah agama since Primary 1 until 6. She is now teaching English at a primary school in Beaufort. We went to Esplanade Sipitang (where else could anyone go here?) for some satay and bakso. I took her to the Sate Jamrut stall because their satay is the best in town. I wasn't really hungry because I had a late lunch (if she told me in advance I would've had my lunch earlier), but I didn't want to hurt her feelings since she drove all the way from Beaufort (around 1 hour and 30 minutes from here) so I ate anyway. Yeah, I'm good like that, hahaha. She just came back from Langkawi and she gave me a key chain hehe. The outing was brief but nice. We had a little chat about our jobs. She told me how stressful it is to be a teacher and her plan to pursue a Master's degree soon. I wish her all the best! Thanks to her for making my day a little out of the ordinary. :-)

That's all for now Pitty! Until I write you again!

Take care!
Nurul

No comments:

Post a Comment