Friday, April 18, 2014

Learn to Drive: Day 8

So I had my driving class with the same replacement instructor on Wednesday. He taught me how to do the side parking and we also did more practice on 3-point turn and the hill. Okay. So, the "you-don't-have-to-press-the-accelerator" theory was wrong. I was still unable to do it right. The instructor had to help release the hand break because I still don't know how do all 3 things; control clutch, control accelerator and release hand break at the same time. Apparently, I need to balance the clutch and accelerator before releasing the hand break. But I still couldn't find that point of balance so, yep, I failed to do it again. The side parking went well though. I never thought that it would be easier than the hill, thanks to the use of poles! :P The instructor said that my level of driving is okay already, but yeah, the hill is my only problem right now. He also said that by now, I should have started practicing the final route, which requires me to drive from the academy to Mesapol, then Sipitang, and then back to the academy. But since I haven't mastered the hill, looks like it's going to be postponed. I have 2 hours left, but my original instructor said that I don't need to worry about that. I don't know what he really meant but, okay. I won't worry then. I hope that I can have my next class this Sunday. Macik Inah is getting engaged tomorrow, so I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I think I'll stop now. My cousin is sitting behind me so I'm afraid that he will curi-curi tengok what I'm writing. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment