Friday, April 11, 2014

It's Friday, just another ordinary day.

Dear Pitty,

How are you? It has been a very long time since I last wrote you. I'm sorry about that. I've been busy being not busy. I just turned 29 on Tuesday. No celebration, no cake. But some friends did wish me a Happy Birthday. :-) It's alright, I don't really mind anyway. I'm grateful for the life that Allah has given me and that should be enough. There haven't been many improvements in my life, but there are some improvements. One of them is that I am taking driving classes (finally!). I'm going to resume my classes tomorrow after an almost 2-month break (I was in KL for 3 weeks and didn't come back to Sipitang until last Sunday). I'm aiming to secure my P licence before Ramadhan, insha Allah... Wish me luck, okay? :-)

I bought a new laptop too! It's Acer E1-472G. White colour. So far, so good. I'm enjoying Windows 8.1. The only thing is that The Sims 3 won't run properly on this system. Such a letdown. But it's okay. I guess I'll wait for The Sims 4, which is scheduled for release this December.

I'm now an aunt to my cousin Suzie's son, Zaim. She gave birth to him on March 23. I meant to call Suzie but I haven't done so. I promise I will call her soon. :-) There will be more additions to our family soon. My Aunt Inah is getting engaged this April 19 and the wedding is scheduled on June 1. Farhan, Suzie's younger brother, is also getting married this year. Alhamdulillah... :-) Aside from my family, most of my friends are also moving on to new chapters of their lives. Kym is now a mother of a very beautiful baby girl, Kimora. Bazooka has 3 sons, 2 of them are twins! Ezura's son just turned 1. Faezah's cute baby boy Yusuff is now 8 months old. Ille is 5 months pregnant. And Farah is getting engaged in May. Even Ally is married now! Wow! I guess I kinda always knew that I will be the last (or one of the last) among my friends to settle down. It's okay. It's not like it's a competition or anything. I am much better off single than being with the wrong man anyway. Any human being is much better off single than being with the wrong person, don't you agree Pitty? The right man will come along sooner or later. I don't need to worry about it because Allah is the best matchmaker. :-)

What else is going on in my life? Nah.... Apart from what I just mentioned, nothing much. I'm still working with BT as a SMA. There's a slight increase in my salary but I'm grateful. My workload had increased too. It was a little crazy at first but I'm getting the hang of it just fine even though the client is driving me nuts sometimes, but I'm fine. Now you must be asking why am I writing you this letter when I should be doing my work, aren't you? Well, my work for the day is done. Unless my colleagues need my help, I will only be busy during the first half of the week. I will normally spend the rest of the day on Facebook or Twitter or watching TV or playing some silly games. And today I decided to write to you.


Well, I think I've told you everything so far. I know you are never going to write me back, but it's okay. You've always been such a very good confidante. I'll write you again soon. Take care Pitty. :-)

Yours,
Nurul

No comments:

Post a Comment